The Kennel Club…

It started with a fabric audition. Colours and patterns, light and dark.

dog quiltA week into the project and I decided the layout and colour choices weren’t quite working, so I pulled everything apart and started again. The green background blocks were removed.

background quilt

Zig Zags became an obsession. The green fabric was re-introduced.

IMG_1295

Week two and it still wasn’t coming together. The dogs had to go! There was some serious late night un-stitching happening LOL. It nearly ended up in the bin.

dog 5

We did some familial brain-storming and No. 1 daughter had an idea that solved all my problems. Hallelujah! I was still trying to fit Frank-the-Pug in somewhere, but she (also) took a firm stand and set him aside. I promise he will be back!

840 frank

Daisies were stitched.

daisy

Mess was made.

IMG_1300Kitties got in the way. I mean he REALLY got in the way, I had to cut out my applique shapes around him. There is a cat shaped hole in the middle of my Heatnbond.

rem a

I ran out of fabric and had to make compromises.dog stitch 3And finally a gloriously happy quilt emerged.

 

cat v dog 2

It’s off to be quilted… as soon as the cat removes his furry little butt and I remove all the cat fur! Fiona I may have to send him up the hill with the quilt, he seriously won’t leave it alone LOL.

toni xx