Hi lovely quilters and crafters,
A few of you are having problems with the templates and/or images in our PDF patterns printing with a black background. Thankfully this is uncommon and only occurs in approx. 1 in 250 patterns sold. This is due to differences between the various apps, devices, and printers we all use.
We have audited all of our patterns and feel, at this time, we have overcome the black printing issue. Please contact us if we’ve missed anything. It was, at times, an overwhelming task.
All of our patterns are test printed multiple times by a group of reviewers before release. If we find an issue we correct it immediately and update the pattern concerned.
We’ve found, after an extensive review of the problem, that it happens mostly on Apple devices, especially if you are printing from ‘preview’ or your browser window. Regardless of what device you use, 99.9% of black background issues are solved by the following –
1. Always save the PDF file to your hard drive.
2. Always open the file using a PDF reader (eg. Adobe or Foxit) not your browser.
3. Always print from the PDF reader. Never print from your browser window.
4. Always print a template test page – use the draft print options to save printer ink if something goes wrong.
5. Printing in black & white instead of colour sometimes resolves the problem.
NB. The instructions and information contained here are given in good faith, but no guarantee is given due to the fact we have no control over your computer, device, and/or printer. We are not liable for the ink used when printing our patterns.