PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PRINT YOUR PATTERN/S
Hi lovely quilters and crafters,
A few of you are having problems with the templates in our PDF patterns printing with a black background. Thankfully this is uncommon and only occurs in about 1 in 100 patterns sold.
This issue is a printer/computer software issue at your end. To simplify, your printer and computer software aren’t communicating, and the printer is reading the images as black.
I’ve found, after asking a bucket load of questions, that it happens mostly on Apple devices, especially if you are printing from ‘preview’ or your browser window.
Regardless of what platform you use, 99.9% of black background issues are solved by the following –
1. Always save the PDF file to your hard drive.
2. Always open the file using a PDF reader (eg. Adobe or Foxit) not your browser.
3. Always print from the PDF reader. Never print from your browser window.
4. Always print a template test page – use the draft print options to save printer ink if something goes wrong.
5. Printing in black & white instead of colour sometimes resolves the problem.
I do multiple test prints before I release each PDF pattern and I’ve never had a black print problem at this end (I print from a PC). I have tried multiple fixes but none of them work for everyone. This is a worldwide problem, it’s not confined to my PDF’s or patterns.
I’m going to continue looking for a solution, but in the meantime I ask that you be patient. Please follow my instructions, keep messaging me, and as you know I always give 110% of my time to solve any problems you are having.
The Red Boot Quilt Co.
NB. The instructions and information contained here are given in good faith, but no guarantee is given due to the fact we have no control over your computer and/or printer. We are not liable for the ink used when printing our patterns.