Picture this… early morning in a small blue house in suburban Australia. A harried looking woman is standing in her lounge room, she’s on the phone to her Telco trying to sort out her non-existent internet connection.
She frowns, realising something isn’t right. Her feet are wet. It takes a minute to register. WET!?!
Picture this only a few minutes later… an extra harried looking woman has a phone to each ear, the Telco on one, the SES on the other.
She hears the front door open and turns to find a policewoman standing behind her. She frowns again, not believing what’s she seeing. The policewoman speaks, “Ma’am we’re here about your neighbours”.
- you’re supposed to laugh, we are!
- still no internet connection.
- our skylight was badly damaged in a storm that knocked out the power and the internet but we didn’t find out until we had torrential rain on Monday night.
- our neighbours like to try and kill each other every so often.
- SES = State Emergency Service, who put a tarp over the hole in our roof to stop our lounge room becoming an Olympic sized swimming pool.