It has been a pretty nasty week here at Red Boot Quilts. Really nasty. I’m a tough old broad but I’ve been reduced to tears on more than one occasion.
The future of Four Dollar Friday is shaky. I’m not sure what it is about ‘on sale’ items that brings out the crazy-nasty
in people, but OMG it does. This week I hit the mother-load of horrible.
I rarely get complaints about missing orders. But occasionally shit happens.
About 1 in 100 PDF orders will have a glitch in the instant download option. This is standard, across-the-board for anyone selling e-products. There’s nothing individual businesses can do except to rely on their customers to send an email advising of the glitch which includes all details of the order. We can’t fix something we know nothing about or can’t track.
My website has an instant download service. You will receive an order confirmation (incl. receipt) via email with the downloads listed. Please look for this order confirmation, it’s your link to the e-pattern downloads.
The following are the source of 99.9% of problems and they are out of my control. A very small amount of printed patterns go missing in the post, usually averaging about one a year.
When you order printed or PDF patterns please check the following:
1. Make sure you haven’t used an outdated postal address. If you given the wrong address you won’t get the pattern. No matter how many I send out.
2. Check for errors in your email address. It’s really easy to type an extra letter and not notice.
3. Always check your spam or junk email folder. 99% of missing e-patterns and/or order confirmations are to be found there.
4. Check your husband’s spam or junk email folder. Many of you use your hubby’s email address/account when buying online, and I’ve found that nine and a half times out of ten he will delete emails he doesn’t recognise because he thinks they are spam.
5. Some email providers are problematic from the start. Hotmail and Yahoo accounts are usually the worst. If you can, please use an alternative email address. I don’t on-sell details so you won’t be spammed by using your ‘real’ email address.
6. If my email address is blocked (ie. you need to authorise your mail server to allow me to contact you) it makes life very difficult. You won’t receive your order and I can’t reply to your enquiry because I’m BLOCKED. It’s no use sending dozens of angry emails if I can’t reply to them. This would have to be the most frustrating thing ever.
If you have a problem with your order please email me, Facebook message me, or phone me before you hit the nuclear option and report me to PayPal or my bank. All my contact details are available on the website, the blog and Facebook. All you have to do is contact me and I’ll correct the problem as soon as is humanly possible. I’m a really nice person, I’m not here to rip you off. Remember time zones vary between country to country, I may not reply immediately because I am asleep.
Thanks everyone, toni xx